With a number of awards to our credit, Macallan has displayed a proficiency with complex highly detailed historic preservation construction projects in varying sizes and complexities. The firm follows the Secretary of Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation and Guidelines for Rehabilitating Historic Buildings. 

Macallan was awarded Excellence in Rehabilitation from the Georgia Trust for our historic renovation of the Clarkston City Hall Annex project and has been named Contractor of the Year for Historical Preservation from the National Association of the Remodeling Industry.

We understand historic structures, how they were built, and the how to employ the means and methods required to complete full renovations while maintaining historic integrity. 

Scroll Down for examples of our work!

1800’s bungalow for public use.

The Historic Bodiford House at 4355 Marietta Street was built in the late 1800’s and included exterior and interior renovations to restore the home for use as a public facility to house the Seven Springs Museum. A garage/storage outbuilding was added to the rear of the property.

It underwent a thorough rehabilitation including new mechanical systems, ADA ramp, fire egress, and bathrooms upgrades. Interior finishes were restored and retained, including the staircase, fireplaces, wood floors and ceilings, plaster walls, light fixtures, kitchen cabinets and equipment. A non-original wall bisecting the hallway was removed and the exterior remained largely as it was, with repairs to the porch.

Architect: DAEDALUS design + innovation

 
 
SS-Foyer4.jpg
SS-Interior10 copy.jpg
SS-Exterior5.jpg
SS-Interior5.jpg
SS-Exterior.jpg
SS-Exterior-details4.jpg
SS-Exterior-details.jpg

1920’s bungalow for public use.

The City of Sandy Springs partnered with Macallan to stabilize, restore and upgrade the Miles Family 1920’s bungalow to a public meeting space.

The historic renovation included a new metal roof, dormers rebuilt, new porch roof, new electrical wiring, new windows and doors, new exterior entrance public restrooms, ADA accessibility, and new heating units and central air conditioning.

Lost Corner Preserve now accommodates community activities and private events. The Cottage features a 12-seat boardroom, oak-paneled lounge, cardroom, a working gas fireplace and restrooms.

Architect: KW Architecture

 
 
DSC_0006 copy.jpg
LC-Interior-main2.jpg
LC-Exterior-rear.jpg
LC-Exterior-front-door.jpg
LC-basement4.jpg
LC-Interior-main9.jpg

1850’s farm house for public use.

The Logan Farm House, circa 1850 represents the first settlers in the Acworth area. A major renovation was completed to convert the building into an event space to preserve it’s historic character.

A completed renovation of the existing 1,015 SF house and demolition of rear rooms except for the original farm house. An addition of 838 SF for a large meeting room, new baths and kitchenette are were included along with a large rear deck, ground level patio and handicap ramp.

The entirety of Logan Farm House was temporarily raised 6ft in order to place a new foundation underneath.

Architect: Norman Davenport Askins Architect

 
 
4744_Logan_Rd_-_Google_Maps-2 copy.jpg
IMG_2536.JPG
IMG_3096.JPG
IMG_3173.JPG
Logan-Farm-House copy.jpg
Reclaim-wood.JPG
Main-Room-1024x784.jpg